A full day seminar was organized by the IIA Hyderabad Chapter on 4th January 2018 under the theme of “New Horizons in Audit & Assurance”. The event started with lighting of the lamp and a welcome address by the President – IIA Hyderabad. A wide range of topics were covered to address the challenges faced by internal auditors in the changing times.
- Mr Saumen Chakraborty, CFO – Dr Reddy’s Labs, spoke on the importance of creating a culture of innovation. He further elaborated on the essence of innovation and how innovation is the key for organizations to grow in challenging situations.
- A highly insightful session was taken by Mr. Sandeep Baldava, Partner – EY, on recent trends in data integrity and fraud risks and resulting issues.
- Mr. V Swaminathan – CAE and Whistle Blowing officer at Godrej Consumers Product Limited gave a complete overview of the governance, risk and control procedures followed at Godrej and insights on internal audit strategies to be followed in FMCG industries.
- “Storytelling with data” as the name suggests – the importance of communicating the core message through a story telling approach was explained by Mr Anirban Mukherjee, Partner – EY and who is also the president of the IIA Hyderabad Chapter.
- Cyber crime being the buzzword today, Mr. Sudesh Shetty – Partner- KPMG, literally took the audience to critically think on the threats that have grown significantly, and how these can be mitigated through awareness and following certain key approaches as he stressed upon the new risks that are emerged on a day to day basis due to rapid technological changes.
- Mr. S. Narasimhan -Partner PKF Sridhar & Santhanam LLP, explained the latest developments in technology and the importance of Audit in ERP environment using data analytics.
The seminar was attended by 70+ participants who went back after spending a full day in enriching their thought process with the insights shared by these expert speakers. The organizing team feels happy to share that the event became a grand success and got appreciated at the IIA India and IIA Global level.